fbpx
  1. Home
  2. Dogs
  3. Treat Allergy?

Treat Allergy?

My dog gets very itchy after eating his treats could he be allergic to them?

It is a logical assumption that this could be the case.

A food allergy occurs when a dog’s immune system mistakenly identifies a particular food ingredient as harmful. And then creates defensive antibodies to fight the invading enemy (the food).

The symptoms of an allergy include skin rash, hives, itching, paw biting and obsessive licking.

Allergies are related to your pet’s own immune system and are not due to a problem with the product itself. So, if a dog is allergic to a particular ingredient, he will likely experience the same unfavorable reaction to that ingredient… no matter what brand you find it in.

What can you do to rectify this? Firstly stop with this particular treat.
There are foods (diets) on the market that are specifically designed to help control or isolate these problems. Before switching diets please consult with your veterinarian.

Was this article helpful?

Related Articles

Still Need Help?
Can't find the answer you're looking for? Don't worry we're here to help!
CONTACT US

Leave a Comment