Here are some top tips to keep your pet bird chirpy and healthy.
- Cage placement is important, allowing them access to sunlight but keeping them at a comfortable temperature.
- Bring some nature into their cage like branches or flowers, making sure they are non toxic and bird safe.
- Talk to them and interact with them as much as possible.
- Give your bird a bath or a shower, most birds love and need a bath
- Feed your bird a top quality diet that is suitable for their breed and offer them a wide variety of food included fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Supply your bird with a variety of toys to play with and chew on, rotating them on a regular basis to keep them stimulated.
- Keep your birds environment toxin free, remember that toxins can travel in the air like smoke or sprays.
- Make sure they are kept healthy and parasite free. Always contact a vet if you are concerned about their health in any way.
To view the wide range of bird products available at vet-n-pet DIRECT click here.